NVCC: What We Believe
We believe God is a personal being who has revealed himself through Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Scriptures. (John 17:3)
We believe the Bible is God’s infallible Word and our only rule of authority, the foundation of our faith. (2Timothy 3:16-17; 2Peter 1:3)
We believe Jesus Christ is God’s divine Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, virgin-born, who died on the cross as a substitute sacrifice for our sin. He arose bodily from the dead on the third day; ascended into heaven, where he reigns now as King. (John 1:1-5; Matthew 1:18, 20; Colossians 1:19-20)
We believe that Jesus Christ established his Church on earth to carry out his saving mission among all people groups and formed the Church to be One Holy People. (Matthew 28:18-20)
We believe salvation is by God’s grace through faith in Christ. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:15)
New Venture Christian Church is a unified body of believers, who by faith and personal commitment have been baptized (immersed in water) into Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-4; Galatians 3:26-29; Ephesians 4:1-5)
- Need Oriented Evangelism—meet physical needs and give spiritual support
- Excellence in Ministry—do our best because we work for the King!
- Worshiping God–through praise, obedience, sacrifice, and service!
- Vision for the Future—see the world as Christ does- in need of a Savior
- Encouragement for Christ Centered Living—support one another
- New Testament Christian Principles—a people of the Book, Non-denominational, Christians Only, and a Christ centered people.
- Thriving Small Groups—community
- Unity Based on Scriptural Authority—prevents changing with emotions
- Relevant to Our Culture—using innovative methods- methods change, message does not
- Empowering Leadership—leads in the right direction, allows individual gifts and abilities to thrive
Affiliation: NVCC is a New Testament body of believers dedicated to biblical Christianity, led by Pastor/Elders from within the church, and unaffiliated with any denominational organization.